As you may know, this year we’ve launched our new website and took the opportunity to re-launch our blog. We eagerly set up a WordPress site, hotly debated the subjects about which to write and proudly sent our first missives to family and friends to print out and stick on their fridges.
Now after few years blogging we thought we’d share our beginner’s findings with you in the hope that in return you may share your top tips from the blogging world.
Reasons why you should blog:
- Boost your SEO rankings – all in-bound links to your website help boost SEO rankings, so make your blog keyword rich and get them linked them to your website.
- Build brand reputation – If, like us, you’re a service provider, people come to you for your expertise, so by sharing your expertise with the online community you’re not only boosting your credibility, but also increasing your audience.
- It’s rewarding – much like writing a diary, the writing of a blog encourages you to rethink what you do at work, allowing you to take a moment to bask in the glory of a well managed project!
5 Top Blogging Tips
- Keep it short and sweet – blog readers have neither time nor the inclination to read a blow-by-blow account of your latest client win. Share the news but keep it detail-light.
- Post regularly – there’s nothing worse than a blog account with two entries both written over a year ago. It looks like you’re easily distracted and unable to finish projects, not the kind of impression you want to make upon a potential new client.
- Close with a question – encourage people with your brand and leave a response by closing with a question
- Promote it – It’s all very well writing a blog, but if you don’t tell anyone it’s there, no one is likely to read it. Be loud and proud about it and get it out there on Twitter and Facebook.
- Don’t try to be too clever – Don’t scare your audience away with too much detailed information, keep it simple! People visit blogs for inspiration, entertainment or general advice, not a 500 step procedure to understanding nuclear physics!
We’d love to hear your top tips too – what is the one piece of advice you’d give to a blogging novice?
Want to learn more about how a blog could benefit your business?
Let’s get together and explore the potential.
Contact us on +44 (0)20 8360 8244